Brexit, i mean Bed-xit

It would appear that my son is a firm “bed-xiteer”. And I (like most parents I imagine) am a “bed-mainer”.

For the last couple of nights, we have had over 2 hours of continually putting our monster back in his bed. During this time, like all bed-xiteers I imagine, he shouts loud saying he doesn’t want to bed-main, he isn’t tired, that I am scaremongering him with my threats of what will happen if he doesn’t stay.

Honestly, these bed-xiteers. Do they not know why we want them to bed-main?
I’ve tried to show him the benefits of bed-maining – financial stability (he can have pennies for his jar or sweets), improved relationships (both his parents will talk to him, he can see his friends), employment opportunities (he can paint in the morning if he wants to)

As you may have seen on my Instagram account, he won. He bed-xited. But he was made to sit in the corner and think about his actions. He soon returned to his room after he saw all the false promises he had believed (i.e. being out of bed is better than being in bed) were incorrect.




I can only hope that he is now a bed-mainer.




Mum, PhD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multitasking deadlines and parenting

12 months in: Upgrade time!

5 points to consider when returning to education as a parent